Table of Contents
The Electronic Billing service provides Merchants a way to build invoices, send them to Customers via email, and provide a secure way for those customers to pay via Credit Card or Electronic Check.
When a Merchant sends out an invoice the Customer will receive an email with a PDF that includes the contents of the invoice, and a secure link to pay against the invoice. The link will direct the customer to our Hosted Payment Page where they can enter a credit card or bank account to pay their bill.
In order to utilize Invoicing via the Virtual Terminal the merchant will need the following:
- The email address of the customer.
- The amount to charge the customer.
How to use Electronic Invoicing
- Click on Add Invoice under Invoice
- Enter the presented details as required such as Amount, Product Information, invoice Terms, Customer Billing/Shipping Information, and custom fields.
- The minimum fields to enter will be the Amount, and the Email, as the invoice will be sent via email to the Customer.
- The Products table can be used to add up products or services and auto-fill the total amount using the Click to set link.
- Once the Invoice is created, the customer will receive an email with the following:
- A PDF outlining the bill. They can save the PDF or print it as they see fit.
- A Link to Pay the amount. Depending on the payment method the Merchant has access to, or has allowed them to pay by, they will enter their payment details and process the payment on their own. When this happens, the Invoice will be marked paid, and the Merchant will be funded as usual after settlement.
Invoicing on the Gateway
In this tutorial, you’ll learn how to create invoices within the gateway. We’ll cover setting invoice amounts, terms, payment methods, and order details as well as how to manage all created invoices.
You may locate the video link here:https://vimeo.com/200734397
- The merchant does NOT receive a copy of the created invoice
- The merchant only receives transaction receipt if they have transaction notifications set