Table of Contents
- Steps to Create Categories
- Steps to create Single Items
- Steps to Create Packages
- Product Manager Tutorial
- Additional Information - 2020-03-24 Expanded Release Notes
The Product Manager can help to save you time by only having to enter product information once. You'll learn how to define your products and packages, including SKU, description, pricing and other product information. In addition, you'll see how to access your created products and packages when processing a transaction.
To Use the Product Manager, a Merchant must add ITEMS to their list in order for us to send Line Items on a transaction. Items can be separated into Categories, or loaded into group Packages. Categories are not required to use Single Items or Packages.
Steps to Create Categories:
- Click on 'Product Manager -- Categories'
- Enter the Category Name, and click the blue Plus icon.
- Click Save.
There is no current limit to the number of Categories a Merchant can load.
Steps to create Single Items:
- Click on 'Product Manager -- Products'
- Click on 'New Item' under the Items Table
- Enter the Following:
- SKU: This is a unique Alpha/Numeric value that must be unique across all items and packages.
- Description: Description of the Item
- Category: If Merchant has entered 'Categories' under 'Product Manager - Categories', they can choose from those here.
- Commodity Code: Not Gateway Defined - Merchant must supply this value.
- Unit: How the item is "measured" (hours, minutes, pounds, each, set, yards, etc)
- Cost: The amount of the item itself in relation to its 'unit' measurement (is it 10.00 per yard? Put 10.00 here. Is it 10k per set? Put 10000.00 here)
- Tax: Is the product taxable? Put that amount here. If not, leave blank. (Remember: The tax and discount is a per item field.)
- Discount: Is there a discount on this product? If so, put that amount here. (Remember:The tax and discount is a per item field.)
- Click Save.
Steps to Create Packages:
The purpose of Packages are to Group Single Items together so they can be added all at the same time instead of one at a time.
The merchant MUST have Items in their Product Manager in order to use Packages; else no items will be included in the transaction.
Steps to Create a Package:
- After Single Items have been added, click on 'New Package'.
- Give the Package a unique SKU, and Description.
- Choose Single Item SKUs from the drop down and hit save.
There is no limit currently to the number of SKUs that can be added to a Package. If more or less rows are needed, use the 'Add Row | Remove Row' functions.
Product Manager Tutorial:
You may locate the video link here:https://vimeo.com/200898448
There is User Permission called 'Product Manager Admin' and it is a simple checkbox just above normal 'Administrative' settings.
- If checked, the User is allowed to click on 'Product Manager' under Other Services, and add/edit/update Single Items, Packages, and Categories.
- If NOT checked, the User is only allowed to choose Single Items and Packages from the Virtual Terminal Line Item Matrix, or add Single Items on a Per Transaction Basis. If the user adds an item on a per transaction basis, that item will NOT be added to the Product Manager.
Additional Information - 2020-03-24 Expanded Release Notes
- Added the ability to add currencies to products in the product manager. Merchants will be able to assign specific currencies to each product to ensure compatibility with future gateway features.