Table of Contents
- What Is A Blind Credit?
- Risks Associated with Blind Credits
- How to Enable Blind Credits
- What Can't I Do Once I Have Enabled Blind Credits For The Merchant?
A Blind Credit is a transaction that 'gives money' to the specified Credit Card or ACH account.
Typically, a merchant would 'refund' a customer where a previous transaction is tied to the refund. However, a Blind Credit is not tied to a previous transaction.
Blind Credits invites risk to your Merchant's Gateway that has this feature enabled. A blind credit offers no history and cannot be 'taken back'. Furthermore, if a rouge employee has access to a Merchant Gateway with that access, they could load up 'gift cards' with no way of 'refunding' the 'given' money back. It is important to understand this risk when enabling a merchant the ability to process Blind Credits.
The Gateway will not be responsible for misuse related to Blind Credits.
You may enable blind credits for your merchant by doing the following:
- Log into your Affiliate Account
- Click on "List Accounts"
- Click on the merchant's business name that you wish to add Blind Credits for
- Click on the "Edit" button under "Advanced Merchant Features"
- Click on either "
- Click "Save" at the bottom
Once that has been done, we will reach out to you (the Affiliate), to receive a verbal authorization on enabling blind credit.
Once Blind Credits is enabled a merchant, you will not be able to do the following:
- Change the merchant's email address
- Enable blind credits from the merchant account within the User Settings
- Access the merchant's "Security Keys"
- See/Access the blind credits section