Table of Contents
This article outlines information for onboarding First Data Rapid Connect Cardnet North - EMV merchant accounts, and its specific boarding requirements.
Please refer to the 'Processor & Device' and 'Processor Matrix' list to confirm we are certified with First Data Rapid Connect Cardnet North - EMV for the boarding request.
Settlement Method Supported
We support First Data Rapid Connect Cardnet North - EMV as Terminal Capture. When a merchant account is setup as Terminal Capture, the transactions are stored at our servers and sent for settlement (1 file per processor). You can update the settlement cut-off time in the Settlement Schedule settings.
- Platform: First Data Rapid Connect
- Front End: Cardnet
- Back End: North
VAR Sheet Requirements
These are used to onboard the Processor Information section when Adding the Credit Card Processor:
- Rapid Connect Merchant Number - the 12 digit Cardnet Frontend MID from the VAR sheet (typically the same as the 12 digit Settlement MID)
- Rapid Connect Terminal ID - the 6 alphanumeric Bank TID from the VAR sheet
- Settlement Merchant ID - the 12 digit North Settlement MID from the VAR sheet
- POS Solution Name - can be CreditCallLTDGTWRC or CRDCallResellerRCSS from the VAR sheet (this is also known as the Equipment Code Description on FDRC side)
- Group ID - this will always be 30001 as Group ID 30001 is for Cardnet, also on VAR sheet
This information can be provided to First Data when creating the VAR sheet for specific settings, along with the device the merchant will be using:
- For CREDITCALLLTDGTWRC (Retail) the FDRC Equipment Code is AA104Q and the VAR ID/ TPP ID is RCR004
- For CRDCallResellerRCSS (Retail) the FDRC Equipment Code is AA123F and the VAR ID/ TPP ID is RCR012
- 6 alphanumeric Bank TIDs are only used for Cardnet (Group ID 30001)
It is imperative that you are 100% sure that First Data has the merchant set up as Terminal Capture to avoid any settlement issues / missing funds. If you board the account as a Terminal Capture Processor, but FDRC has it set as Host, there will be settlement issues which you will need to resolve (e.g. have it correctly boarded).
*** Once the boarding in complete, please test the account by processing a transaction and confirm that funds are depositing into your merchant account before going live. ***
VAR sheets you may see:
Possible Decline Errors
- File access error: error reported by First Data - this is a processor response and could mean that the merchant account details are not setup in the First Data database.
- Invalid Merchant/Terminal ID: error reported by First Data - This indicates the merchant information in the gateway does not match the merchant information that the processor, First Data Nashville North, has. You can double-check the VAR sheet as compared to what was entered into the gateway. If all looks correct, First Data Nashville North will need to be contacted to verify. Sometimes the processor will need to generate a new MID/TID to correct the issue.
- For additional errors please see our Result Code Table (Note: 200 level errors = Issuing Bank Errors; 300 level error = Gateway Error; 400 level errors = Processor Errors).