Table of Contents
Introduction and Background
Payment devices such as card readers and PIN Pads have a finite life. This can be because the manufacturer brings out new devices to supersede old ones, or they become obsolete due to the requirements of PCI PTS (Payment Card Industry, PIN Transaction Security).
NMI has put a sunsetting plan in place from the 30th of September 2021 for a number of devices we have certified in the past, which balances the needs of customers with legacy devices in the field, against maximizing resources for developing software for current and new devices
Sunsetting of the devices listed below will take place on the 30th of September 2021. From this date:
- NMI will continue to provide maintenance to deal with any bugs found in NMI's Payment Device SDKs and drivers that prevent the submission of transaction data for authorization and settlement.
- NMI will no longer be making functional upgrades or enhancements to the device's capabilities.
After 12 months (from 30th of September 2022):
- NMI will remove support for the devices from future Payment Device SDK releases. Clients can continue to use historic SDK releases with support for these devices; however, maintenance will be formally discontinued.
- ChipDNA 3.08 will be the last release where these devices are supported.
- Our support teams will provide very limited non-technical support where possible.
Devices To Be Sunset
- Ingenico iPP350 RAM
- Ingenico iPP350 CPX
- Ingenico iSC250 RBA
- Ingenico iSelf (PTSv3) RAM
- Ingenico iSelf (PTSv3) RBA
- Ingenico iSelf CPX
- MEI 5in1
- Miura M010
- Verifone Mx915/925 XPI
- Verifone Vx820 XPI
- Verifone Vx820 VIPA
- Verifone UX XPI
Upgrade Path for Devices
|Sunset Device||Upgrade Choice(s)|
|Ingenico iPP350 RAM||Ingenico Lane or Miura M020|
|Ingenico iPP350 CPX||Please speak with our account management team for upgrade options|
|Ingenico iSC250 RBA||Ingenico Lane|
|Ingenico iSelf (PTSv3) RAM||Ingenico iSelf 'LE' PCI PTS v4 version|
|Ingenico iSelf (PTSv3) RBA||Ingenico iSelf 'LE' PCI PTS v4 version|
|Ingenico iSelf CPX||Please speak with our account management team for upgrade options|
|MEI 5in1||Ingenico iUC285 or Ingenico Self/2000|
|Miura M010||Miura M020 or Ingenico Link 2500 (US, Customer-Present Cloud only)|
|Verifone Mx915/925 XPI||Ingenico Lane|
|Verifone Vx820 XPI||Ingenico Lane or Miura M020|
|Verifone Vx820 VIPA||Ingenico Lane or Miura M020|
|Verifone UX XPI||Please speak with our account management team for upgrade options|
We hope you understand the need for a planned reduction in support for legacy devices and that we are doing all we can to minimize inconvenience. To see the full range of new PTS4 and 5 devices we support in our Payment SDK, please check the NMI website: https://www.nmi.com/eu/processors-and-devices
For questions or support concerning affected Payment SDK integrations, please contact your NMI Account Manager or email email@example.com.