Table of Contents
- How to Onboard a Test Gateway Account
- Transaction Testing Data
A step-by-step guide on how to onboard a Test Gateway Account.
Your affiliate sub-user will need to have the 'Manage merchant accounts' permission to be able to board test merchant accounts; this also applies to your Sub-Affiliate sub-users so they can board test merchant accounts under their portfolio. Primary users have this permission set by default and it cannot be removed.
Log in to your Partner Portal and head over to My Accounts → Add Merchant. Select merchant type Test.
Merchant Account Information
Keep in mind, you are creating a test merchant account. No transactions are ever sent to a payment processor. Test accounts are not billed.
Enter the test merchant's information:
- The company name entered here will be what the user sees when they log in to their test merchant portal.
- The company contact will be the primary contact for your test account; the email address entered here will receive the welcome email to the test account once boarding is completed.
- Enter a unique username for the merchants primary user.
Once all the * fields are completed, you may click Continue.
Processing Service Information
For test accounts, you will automatically have two test Credit Card processing services, two test Electronic Check processing services, and if you have the Cash Service enabled you will have two test Cash processing services enabled. You can edit the processing services if you want to see how the onboarding works. However, keep in mind, it's not a 100% representation of how a production account will function with every Processor as they all have their own requirements.
A few of the test Value-added Services will be added automatically. You can't edit the Value-added Services in a test account.
Since Test accounts are not billable they will not display the fee schedule.
Gateway Account Completion
Next you will see a summary of the test merchant account for review that you've created. This will give you the chance to edit any typos or errors (except for the Username) prior to completing the test merchant creation and sending the test Merchant Welcome Email. The Welcome Email expires within 24 hours from when it was sent.
The account will be saved, which you can always come back to your list of accounts when you are ready to send the email out to the test user and activate the test account.
- If you need to edit something, click on the edit button → make the necessary changes → click save.
- If you click on Delete Merchant, this will delete everything you have entered. The information is unrecoverable. If it was deleted by accident, you will need to reenter the information by starting from Add Merchant again.
Once you're done reviewing, click on Create Merchant, which will send the Welcome email to the test user.
You can use the Test Data chart from our Integration Portal to run test transactions on your test account.