Table of Contents
- How to Onboard a Sub-Affiliate Account
Our unique organizational hierarchy not only allows you to manage merchant accounts with multiple MIDs and locations, but enables you to manage partners who operate under your brand or white label and provide services under their own names. With this feature, to add Sub-Affiliates under your portfolio, you will be able to manage their accounts. Adding a Sub-Affiliate will allow them to board and manager their own merchants under their account. Here you will learn how to onboard a Sub-Affiliate Account under your portfolio.
Your affiliate sub-users will need to have the 'Manage affiliate accounts' permission to be able to add Sub-Affiliate accounts; this also applies to your Sub-Affiliate sub-users if you want their users to be able to add Sub-Affiliate accounts under their own portfolio. Primary users have this permission set by default and it cannot be removed.
Log in to your Partner Portal and head over to My Accounts → Add Affiliate.
Sub-Affiliate Account Information
- Enter the Sub-Affiliate's information -
- The Affiliate Name entered here will be what the Sub-Affiliate sees when they log in to their partner portal.
- The Company Contact will be the primary contact for your Sub-Affiliate; the email address entered here will receive the welcome email once boarding is completed.
- The Support Contacts will be what this Sub-Affiliate's merchants see in their support contact info page of the merchant control panel. If no support contact is entered, the company contact from above will be used by default.
- Enter the Sub-Affiliate's Commission Payment Information - the bank information entered here will be where earned commissions are paid out to for the Sub-Affiliate's account. This is applicable to US partners.
- Enter a unique username for the Sub-Affiliate's primary user.
- Once all the * fields are completed, you may click Continue.
- Select all the required NMI Services/Value Add Services and Affiliate Partner Payment Processing Services you wish to allow this Sub-Affiliate to resell. Once selected, click on Continue. You can always go back to add any that have been missed.
Sub-Affiliate Fee Schedule
You can use a Preset Fee Schedule that you have built under Service Prices or you can set up a Custom Fee Schedule for a Sub-Affiliate.
In the Custom Fee Schedule, all Enrolled services will be presented. You can extend your own cost to a Sub-Affiliate, or set the Sub-Affiliate's billable fees to a higher amount to make a commission on services the Sub-Affiliate resells. Whatever is entered as the price will become the Sub-Affiliates Cost to resell the service.
- Set Up Fee - only billed once, at the time they add the Processing Service.
- Monthly Fee - billed every monthly for each processor instance (each processor ID) and any enabled service(s).
- Per Transaction Fee - billed per sale, auth, capture, void, refund, credit, update, validate, and each settlement batch per day.
- Resale Price - is what the Sub-Affiliate is going to pay.
- My Cost - is what your cost is to NMI.
Once you are done setting the fee schedule, click on Continue.
Next you will see a summary of the Sub-Affiliate account for review that you've created. This will give you the chance to edit any typos or errors (except for the Username) prior to activating the Account and sending the Welcome Email. The Welcome Email expires within 24 hours from when it was sent.
The account will be saved, which you can always come back to your list of accounts when you are ready to send the email out to the Sub-Affiliate and activate their account.
- If you need to edit something, click on the edit button → make the necessary changes → click save.
- If you want to add or remove any of the Services, check or uncheck as necessary and make sure to scroll down and hit the Update Services button.
- If you want to edit the Fee Schedule, scroll all the way down and click on Edit Fee Schedules. Make the necessary changes and click on Add New Fee Schedule.
- If you click on Delete Sub-Affiliate, this will delete everything you have entered. The information is unrecoverable. If it was deleted by accident, you will need to reenter the information by starting from Add Affiliate again.
Once you are satisfied that what you have entered is complete and correct, click on Create Sub-Affiliate, which will send the Welcome email to the new user.