Table of Contents
- How to Search/Run a Transaction Report
- Editing your Report Configuration
- How to Search a Transaction Snapshot
- Video Tutorial
The gateway offers you, the partner, the ability to search/run transaction reports and view transaction snapshots for your merchant accounts within your Partner Portal. With this feature, you can see the transactions your merchants are running, see their approval rate, and perform an action (void, print receipt, or email receipt) on a transaction on behalf of the merchant when needed. Learn more on transaction reports and how you can configure what fields are returned in your downloaded reports.
Your affiliate sub-users will need the 'Access transaction reports' permission to be able to search/run transaction reports within the Partner Portal; this also applies to your Sub-Affiliate sub-users so they can search/run transaction reports within their Partner Portal. Primary users have this permission set by default and it cannot be removed.
Partner transaction reports is a way for you to keep track of all production transactions for Merchants boarded in your portfolio. You can also see an overview of how much volume they are doing on a particular platform within a date range. This report will not display test transactions.
Log in to the Partner Portal, on the main page → under Reporting, click on Transactions → filter the Transaction Search section to what you are looking for → click on Search Transactions.
You can filter transaction searches by Merchant (from the drop down), Transaction ID, Order ID, Date and Time, etc. The Advanced Fields option will allow you to filter transaction searches by processing Platforms, Statuses, Transaction Types, Action Types, etc.
Once you have the Transaction Report pulled up, the search criteria will provide you the Merchant Name with a link to take you directly to that merchants account, Transaction Type, Status of the transaction, Transaction ID with a link to take you to the transaction information page, Customer info, Account, Time, and Amount. You will also have the option to download the report to an Excel Doc or CSV by clicking on 'Download Excel Doc' or 'Download CSV'.
- If you click on the Transaction ID link, it will take you to the transaction information page. You will see more detailed information on the Transaction along with Credit Card Information, Billing Information, Shipping Information, and the Actions that were taken on that specific transaction.
- From here you will be able to Void a transaction on behalf of the merchant, and have the option to Print Receipt or Email Receipt, all from your Partner Portal.
If you are running a large report (e.g. on all your merchants) or you just want the report to be sent in an email that can be downloaded, you have the option to run the report in the background by checking off the 'Run in the background' box.
You can configure what fields are returned in your downloaded reports by heading to Settings → under General Settings → click on Report Configuration.
The Original Format is the format the Gateway comes in, which includes all 76 fields. However, you can create your own format by clicking on Add Report:
- Enter a customer Report Name.
- Drag the fields you wish to be in your downloaded report from the 'Available Fields' column to the right column called 'Fields In Report'.
- In the 'Fields In Report' column, you can order them accordingly (by dragging them up and down) from 1 being the first column in the downloaded report, 2 being the second column in the downloaded report, etc.
- Once you are satisfied with your report, click on Save Changes.
Once you have a custom report, you can view, edit, clone, delete, or set the report as your Default Format under the Actions option.
Partner transaction Snapshot allows you to report on a Processing Platform. When running a report here, it's important to not run a wide date-range, especially if you select all platforms and you have many merchants, as this will be a very large query.
Log in to the Partner Portal, on the main page → under Reporting, click on Transactions → filter the Platform and Date under the Transaction Snapshot section to what you are looking for → click on Search Snapshot.
The results of a transaction snapshot will list any merchants using the processor you selected from the dropdown under Platform and their volume for that date range. The results shows several columns, each with a Count and Amount. They are Pending Authorizations, Charges, Refunds, Returns/Chargebacks (for check returns), Voids, Declines, and a Total Count/Amount. The Declines column provides an Approval Rate, which can be helpful to see if there's a low percentage here for one of your merchants so you can proactively investigate why to help the merchant out.
If you click on the magnifying glass icon to the left of the Merchant’s name, you’ll get an option to further drill down into the Merchant’s reporting. This gives you the option to view the individual transactions, or group them by card/payment type, settlement batch, Payment Processor, user account, transaction source, day, week, month or mobile device.
- If you choose to View these transactions, you will get a full list of the transactions that you can download or drill into a specific transaction ID when needed.
- Card/Payment Type, Settlement Batch, Payment Processor, User Account, Transaction Source, Day, Week, Month, and Mobile Device will all generate results with another Snapshot view similar to the first result (with the magnifying glass icon). From there, you would be able to again drill down using the magnifying glass icon option seen to the left to get to a specific result you want. Then you can view transactions and download the results.
- If necessary, you can remove the filter by clicking on the X, to widen your results again.