Table of Contents
- Checking Certificates (MMC)
- Certificate Serial Number & Fingerprint
- Importing Missing Certificates
The correct certificates should automatically be installed and managed by Microsoft during regular Windows updates; however it is possible to manually check the correct certificates are installed utilising the Microsoft Management Console (MMC).
Please note, the certificate installation displayed below is used as an example. Please review this article for information on our current live root certificate.
Below are the steps required to check installed certificates using Microsoft's Management Console (MMC).
- Search for MMC in your start menu and run the executable
- Click 'File' –> 'Add/Remove Snap-in...'
- Select the Snap-in 'Certificates' then click 'Add' as seen below
- Select 'Computer account' then click 'Next'
- Select 'Local computer' then click 'Finish'
- Close the Snap-in screen by clicking 'OK' at the bottom right of the screen
- Expand the 'Trusted Root Certification Authorities' followed by 'Certificates' as seen below:
- Confirm the current NMI Live Services Root Certificate is within the list of installed Root Certificates.
Please check the serial number and fingerprint of each certificate before installation. You can do this by opening the certificate file and checking the relevant information in the details panel:
- Right click on the intended certification store as shown below –> 'All Tasks' –> 'Import...'
- Click 'Next' –> (select your certificate) -> 'Next' -> 'Finish'