Table of Contents
- Pre-Install Preparation
- How to download
- QuickBooks SyncPay Tutorial Video
The QuickBooks Syncpay Plug-in is designed to be a cost-effective alternative to other payment solutions. It has two primary functions:
- Payment Processing: Allows the merchant to process a sale against an invoice or a receipt right inside QuickBooks.
- Gateway Sync: Allows the merchant to pull payments that weren't run from QuickBooks back and apply them to a Customer's invoices or receipts.
Note: The QuickBooks Plug-In supports both credit card transactions and ACH transactions.
The QuickBooks™ Plug-In IS compatible with:
- Quickbooks Pro, Premier, and Enterprise (2007 and above).
- Must be installed on a computer with Windows Vista, 7, 8, or 10.
- Designed to work with Desktop versions of Quickbooks
- Server-based (please see paragraph below for more information)*
The Plug-In is NOT compatible with:
● Online versions
● POS (Point of Sale) versions
● Mac versions
● Cloud Solutions
Quickbooks has two components. The client is installed on the computer. This is the actual computer program. There is also a company file. This is where customer data is stored. The plug-in installs into both the client and the company file.
The most common setup is to have one client installed on each computer. The company file can be on the merchant's computer or on a server and shared between multiple users. The plug-in will need to be installed on each computer and into each company file (if using multiple company files). This setup is compatible with the Plug-in.
*Some merchants will have the client installed on a server, and have different computers accessing that same client. The merchant or their technical department should be aware of this. The merchant may get the plug-in to work, but we do not provide support of this type of configuration and cannot assist if problems are encountered.
Below is a list of requirements and should be adhered to at all times.
Make sure you have:
● Gateway Login and Password
● Login and Password for the Admin User in QuickBooks.
● Computer Login and Password (to log back into computer after it reboots during installation)
● Permission to install programs on the computer
● Have all users log out of the company file. You must be in “Single User Mode” and logged in as the QuickBooks administrative user during the installation.
● Close QuickBooks.
● Save and close any documents. The computer will reboot during the install.
● Anti-virus software may need to temporarily disabled. Sometimes security software will prevent the file from downloading, delete the file after it downloads, or block the plug-in from being installed on the computer.
How to Download:
To locate the download the merchant will first have to be logged into their gateway >> Select "Other Services >> Select "QuickBooks" >> Select "Download Quickbooks Syncpay".
QuickBooks SyncPay Tutorial Video:
Click on the image below or share with a client the following link:
This tutorial covers everything you need to know about QuickBooks SyncPay. It covers everything from the initial installation all the way to processing an invoice, processing a sales receipt and how to sync your settled transactions. Below details the specific times in the video where these topics are talked about:
0:00 - Intro and Installation
1:56 - Setup
2:41 - Processing an Invoice
8:20 - Processing a Sales Receipt
10:10 - Syncing Your Settled Transactions