- How to Configure what Fields are returned in a Downloaded Report
- Video Tutorial
Report Configuration is simply a way to build custom download templates that are available when a Merchant runs a downloadable report. Learn how to customize the fields in the Excel or CSV downloads that you download from the merchant's transaction reports. You’ll discover how to create reports with only the data you need to see and how to select your custom report when downloading a report or even set it as your default.
The user will need the 'Access Administrative Options' permission to be able to see the Settings → Transaction Options heading, which is where the Report Configuration page is located in. Primary users have this permission set by default and cannot be removed.
In the Merchant Portal, on the left side panel → click on 'Options' → 'Settings' → under 'Transaction Options' click on 'Report Configuration' or from the homepage at the top right-hand corner click on My Settings → All Settings → under 'Transaction Options' click on 'Report Configuration'.
How to Configure what Fields are returned in a Downloaded Report
Merchants may set up various types of download configurations, such as transaction Id, date/time, amount, and response only. This is helpful if they don’t need/want the entire batch of data that comes with the Default download template. The Merchant can also make a template that they’ve created the Default download option so they don’t have to keep selecting it from the dropdown.
- The merchant will need to log in to their Merchant Portal → click on Options → click on Settings → Report Configuration.
- Click on Add Report Format to start a new format:
- Type in a name for the custom report format. We would recommend something specific tied to the type of report you are creating to make it easier to remember when it is needed again.
- Then drag any of the fields from the Available Fields column to the File Format column and rearrange them as you like:
- Scroll down to Save the format.
To mark your custom format as Default, simply click on the icon under Actions:
When you next run a report, you will be able to select this from the drop-down under your list of transactions. If you’ve set the configuration as Default, you will not need to select it.
To use your format go to Transaction Reports → Search Transactions→ Click Submit. You should now be able to choose the new format created when you download transaction reports: