- Virtual Terminal Forms
- How to Customize the Virtual Terminal Forms
- Active Services/Features that change the Virtual Terminal Form
Merchants have the option of customizing their Virtual Terminal form to their specific business needs by adding or delete non-required fields. The form is customized per user, which makes the form customization even more variant. There are many ways to customize the form that a Merchant can take advantage of.
The merchants user will need the 'Virtual Terminal Access' permission to be able to access the Virtual Terminal. Each user can be limited to each Virtual Terminal type: Credit Card, Electronic Check (only applicable if an Electronic Check processor is active), and/or Cash (only applicable if a Cash processor is active).
Navigating to the Virtual Terminal
In the Merchant Portal, on the left side panel, click on Credit Cards, Electronic Check, or Cash and select the transaction type, or from the homepage, under Virtual Terminal, click on Card Sale, Check Sale, or Cash Sale.
Virtual Terminal Forms
The most basic use of the Virtual Terminal is to click on the transaction type you wish to process and enter the fields presented. Anything marked with an asterisk is a minimum requirement for a Merchant to process on their account, but more than that can be entered. Merchants have anywhere from 50 to 70+ different fields depending on the services and features that are active on an account at any given time. Merchants rarely use all 70+ fields within the Virtual Terminal, but they are available if needed and are customizable.
Active services and features that can change the Virtual Terminal form are:
- Customer Vault
- Level III Advantage
- Multiple Processing Accounts
- Custom Merchant Defined Fields
- Convenience Fee/Surcharging Configuration
- Cloud Payment Device
- Merchant's Required Fields
The form is customizable on a user-by-user basis and per transaction type (Sale, Auth, etc.) basis, which makes the form customization even more variant. Each user would need to log in and customize their own forms. For example: if the Merchant doesn’t sell a product that requires shipment, they could hide the shipping and product fields. If they only sell to the United States, they could hide the Country field to disable the selection of a foreign country.
Each of the Virtual Terminal types can have the following transaction type forms customized to their specific needs: CC Sale, CC Authorize, CC Capture, Check Sale, Cash Sale, and Cash Credit.
How to Customize the Virtual Terminal Forms
Log in to the Merchant Portal, on the left side panel, click on Credit Cards, Electronic Check, or Cash and select the transaction type (depending on which Virtual Terminal transaction type form the merchant wished to customize). Note - transaction type Void and Refund do not have a customization option for it's simplicity and Credit Card Capture has a limited customization option.
From here, on the upper-right side of the form, click on Configure (in this example we can configuring the Virtual Terminal CC Sale form):
The merchant can remove any unnecessary fields by clicking on the button on each field. Once complete, click on Save Changes at the upper-right side:
- Required fields that cannot be removed will be marked with a red asterisk.
- Fields that are greyed out are the fields that were removed. These can be reinstated by clicking on their button again.
- In the example above, you can see that the CVV/CID and Zip Code fields are marked with a red asterisk and cannot be removed. For this merchant, these fields cannot be removed because the CVV/CID and Zip Code were marked as one of the Merchant's Required Fields during the processor onboarding by the partner. These Merchant's Required Fields can be removed by editing the processor configuration in your Partner Portal.
- If the merchant is only selling in one Country and they wish to remove the Country field, they should first set their Default Country in their Country/Currency Configuration page.
Active Services/Features that change the Virtual Terminal Form
Merchant Defined Fields will only appear in the form if the merchant has set their own custom Merchant Defined Fields:
Processor field is a dynamic field and will only appear in the form if the merchant has multiple processors active:
Add to Customer Vault field will only appear in the form if the merchant has the Customer Vault value-added service enabled:
Level III Information fields will only appear in the form if the merchant has Level III Advantage value-added service enabled:
Cloud Payment Device fields will only appear in the form if the merchant has a Cloud device registered:
Surcharge fields will only appear in the form if the merchant has Convenience Fee/Surcharging enabled:
Disable Duplicate Check field will only appear in the form if the option to Allow Merchant Override, under duplicate checking controls, was selected during the processor onboarding by the partner: