Table of Contents
- Navigating to Automatic Level III Settings Page
- How Automatic Level III Partner Templates Work
- How to Configure your Automatic Level III Template and Apply it to your Merchant Account
NMI Partners can set up their own Automatic Level III template in their Partner Portal, which then they can turn it on for specific merchants that have the Level III Advantage service enabled, and have that data be added to all transactions going forward. This removes the need for the merchant to set anything up themselves, or for the partner to log into each new merchant and set up the same automatic template for each account. This lets you potentially improve your merchant's approval.
Your affiliate sub-users will need to have the 'Administrative user' permission to be able to edit the accounts Automatic Level III template. Primary users have this permission set by default and it cannot be removed.
The merchant account will need the value-added service, Level III Advantage, enabled in order for you to be able to set your Automatic Level III template on their account.
Navigating to Automatic Level III Settings Page
In your Partner Portal, head over to Settings → under 'General Settings', click on Automatic Level III:
How Automatic Level III Partner Templates Work
The Automatic Level III Partner templates will only add transaction information that the merchant leaves blank, it will never overwrite something the merchant specifies. This applies to both data the merchant includes on their transaction request, as well as anything they have in their own Automatic Level III template. For example, if a partner has a template with Order ID of “abc123” and the merchant has “order_id=xyz” in their Direct Post request, the partner’s value of “abc123” will be ignored. The same goes for if the merchant has “xyz” as the Order ID in their own Automatic Level III template.
This feature adds to the merchant data, it does not overwrite their data.
Automatic Level III will add data to all transactions and will allow the gateway to send the data to a processor if:
- The Account has the Level III Advantage service enabled AND;
- The Processor has to support Level III data
How to Configure your Automatic Level III Template and Apply it to your Merchant Account
To start applying your own Automatic Level III Partner template to specific merchants:
Step One - Save data to the form
The form is similar to the merchants template. The form will have all the Level III fields that you may want to auto-apply to transactions.
Most of these are fixed values, but some allow for dynamic data:
- Order ID, PO Number, and Order Description can have the current transaction’s ID number be used.
- Original Order Date allows for the current transaction’s current date to be used.
When clicking on the link for the fields that allow dynamic data, the form will automatically add the required variable to that field:
You may enter as may fields as you wish in this form. Once you are done, click on Save at the bottom of the form in order for it to apply once it's enabled on a merchants account.
Step Two - Enable the feature in the merchant's Advanced Merchant Features
- Pull up the merchant's details page from List Accounts.
- Enable* the automatic loading feature in the merchant's Advanced Merchant Features by checking off the flag called "Automatically add my Level III template data to the merchant's credit card transactions" → click Save. You should see the flag enabled as seen in image below.
*this needs to be done on a per merchant account basis
Once you enable the flag on the merchant account, the gateway will add the applied fields to all credit card sales and auths run on the gateway account. It does not matter the source of the transaction, the data is added no matter what.