Table of Contents
You can create multiple users on your Partner account to control who has access to the Partner Portal. Learn more on how to add, update, or delete your Partner users, along with what the different user permissions allow.
Your affiliate sub-users will need to have the 'Administrative user' permission to be able to add new affiliate users; this also applies to your Sub-Affiliate sub-users so they can add new affiliate users under their portfolio. Primary users have this permission set by default and it cannot be removed.
Adding a New User
- To add a new user, the primary user or one of your Administrative users, will need to log in to the Partner Portal → go to Settings → click on Users → click on Add a User.
- Enter the Username, First Name, Last Name, Email Address, and Title (optional).
- if the username is already in use, the system will notify you 'Username is unavailable', you will have to try another username.
- Check off which 'Permissions' you would like this new user to have.
- Once done, click on 'Save Changes':
- Once you click 'Save Changes', the user will receive a 'Welcome Email' to the email address you have entered. The user will need to 'Set a Password'. The 'Set a Password' link is valid for 24 hours. If they've missed the 24 hour mark, you can go back and edit the user, and at the top right you will find a 'Reset Password' button.
- To reset a users password, the primary user or one of your Administrative users, will need to log in to the Partner Portal → go to Settings → click on Users → click on the Username you wish to send a reset password email.
- Once you have the user information page pulled up, on the top right, you will see a 'Reset Password' button. Click on the 'Reset Password' button. A pop-up will appear asking you to confirm. Click on 'Reset Password' again.
- the user will receive a password reset email
Primary User Password Reset
If your primary user requires a password reset, one of your Administrative users will be able to do this by following the Password Reset steps above. If you do not have any Administrative users and you require a password reset for your primary user please email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Editing and Updating Users
- To edit a new user, you or one of your Administrative users, will need to log in to the Partner Portal → go to Settings → click on Users → click on the Username you wish to make changes to.
- From there, you can edit First Name, Last Name, Email Address, Title, and Permissions. You cannot edit the Username.
- If the username needs to be changed, please see 'Request a Username Change' below.
- Once you make the necessary changes, click 'Save Changes' at the bottom.
Note - a primary user cannot have permissions striped. The primary user has all permissions by default.
Request a Primary Username Change
We can only change the primary username. If you require a sub-username to be changed, you will need to create a new one.
- To request a primary username change, you or one of your Administrative users, will need to email email@example.com and provide the following:
- Gateway ID
- Current username
- The new username it should be changed to
- Once Support receive the request, one of our Support Agents will contact you or the person who is on your Contact List that can approve these changes.
- Support will make the changes and confirm on the ticket.
Deleting a User
- To delete a user, you or one of your Administrative users, will need to log in to the Partner Portal → go to Settings → click on Users → click on the Username you wish to delete.
- Once you have the user pulled up, on the top right, you will see a 'Delete User' button. Click on the 'Delete User' button. A warning will pop-up to confirm, click on 'Delete User' again.
- Note - this action cannot be undone
- Note - the primary user cannot be deleted.
What do each User Permission Permit?
- Manage merchant accounts - allows the user to access the List Accounts, edit merchant details, and onboard new merchant accounts.
- Manage affiliate accounts - allows the user to view Sub-Affiliate's under List Accounts, edit Sub-Affiliate details, and onboard new Sub-Affiliate accounts.
- Configure new and custom fee schedules - allows the user to view your costs for all features available to your merchants and add, edit, and manage your fees.
- Access commission reports - allows the user to view your monthly commissions reports.
- Access billing reports - allows the user to access your billing reports.
- Access transaction reports - allows the user to view your merchants transactions and search transaction Snapshot.
- Administrative user - allows the user to edit your account preferences, customize your color scheme and logos, configure what fields return in report downloads, sample code for creating your own login page, add Level III data to merchants automatically, add, update, and delete users, and control who can access your control panel and API via IP restrictions.
- Log in as merchants and sub-affiliates - allows the user to log in as merchants and sub-affiliates if they have the manage merchant accounts and/or manage affiliate accounts permissions. This is helpful for troubleshooting, or you want to help your merchant by changing a setting for them.
- Manage webhook configuration - allows the user to manage Webhook configuration if they have the administrative user permission.
- Access device orders - allows the user to order devices (currently available for US partners).
- Access device order history - allows the user to view order history (currently available for US partners).