Table of Contents
- Why is my merchant being billed?
- How can my merchant view their billing statement?
- What descriptor will my merchant see on their bank statement when they are billed for the gateway?
- What is the billing procedure for merchant accounts?
For affiliate partner accounts that are set as ‘Bill To: Merchant’, we are billing your merchant on your behalf. The fees that the merchant is getting billed for are the fees that the partner has set for the merchant account. The fee schedule can be found by following the steps listed below.
Log into your affiliate portal >> Click ‘List Accounts’ >> Pull up the merchant account >> Scroll down to ‘Fee Schedule’
To enable billing statement for a merchant account, please follow the steps that are provided below.
Log into your affiliate portal >> Click ‘List Accounts’ >> Pull up the merchant account >> Scroll down to ‘Fee Schedule’ >> Checkmark the box that says, ‘Display Billing Statement in the Merchant Control Panel.’
Once this is enabled, the merchant can log into their gateway account >> click on options >> click on settings >> under 'Genaral Options', the merchant will see the 'Billing Statement' option.
The final decision on what descriptor will show on the merchant’s bank statement for gateway billing is up to the merchant’s bank. Typically, the descriptor will show as ‘Gateway Services Web Payment’ along with our corporate ID, for NMI, which is '3383693141.’ If the bank adds the SEC code description it can look like 'ACH Web-Single Webpayment Gateway Services' (per ticket 215789)
If the merchant account set to pay with a credit card for gateway fees, they will see a descriptor similar to, ‘Gateway Fees’.
Please note, that if the merchant's banking information is on file and they also have their credit card on file, the credit card will always override the banking information. The means that their gateway fees will be charged on their credit card even though they have their banking information on file.
By default, accounts are billed two days per week and on the first day of the month:
- Every Tuesday for the previous Friday through Monday if the amount due is >= $50.00
- Every Friday for the previous Tuesday through Thursday if the amount due is >= $50.00
- First Business Day of the following month for any remaining balance due for the previous month and current month monthly fees.
If the Merchant wants this changed, we can alter the Day/Date and the Threshold/Offset.