Table of Contents
- User Manual (from Ingenico)
- Configuring the Link 2500 with WiFi
- Configuring the Link 2500 the Virtual Terminal (and other POS systems)
The Ingenico Link/2500 is a mobile reader for use with Customer-Present Cloud. It uses WiFi to connect online and to the Cloud service to display the code used to register the device. This reader is currently only compatible with the Customer-Present Cloud.
User Manual (from Ingenico)
Here you will find the User Manual (from Ingenico): Ingenico_L2500_Guide.pdf
Step 1: Power on the device by holding the Green button:
- If the device does not power on, ensure the device is fully charged with the USB-C cable provided with the reader. Please note: On initial start‐up, you have to charge the battery for 16 hours.
- After the device is powered on and if it displays a Cloud / Disconnected message, please continue with Step 2.
- If the reader displays the Serial Number, Unregistered, and a Registration Code. This indicates your device is already configured and you can skip to Step 7.
Step 2: Using the reader PINpad enter 0 0 0 1. This will take you to the Admin Menu.
Step 3: Using the F2 and F3 function keys to scroll, select option 1 - Communication Type then within that menu, select option 4 - WIFI. Navigate back to the Admin Menu using the Yellow back button.
Step 4: In the Admin Menu, select option 2 - WIFI Parameters, then in that menu, select option 2 - Scan Networks to search networks nearby. Once the scan is completed you will see a list of networks available.
Step 5: Select the network you wish to configure your device with and enter the network password if requested. Once connected you will see a New Profile OK message and return back to the Admin Menu.
- If you would like to confirm if the device is connected to the network you previously selected: you can navigate to option 2 - Wi-Fi Parameters in the Admin Menu, then option 3 - My networks. Here you will find a list of all previously saved networks. If the previously selected network is online, the word connected will be under the network name.
Step 6: You can exit the Admin Menu by using the back (Yellow) button or using the cancel (Red) button.
- If this is the first time setting up the device with a Wifi network or a code is not shown on the device, you may need to restart the device:
- To force restart the device hold the - button (left of the Green button) and the Yellow button (above the Green button) at the same time until the ‘Shutdown In Progress’ screen is shown (about one second).
- You will need to power the reader again by follow Step 1.
Configuring the Link 2500 with the Virtual Terminal (and other POS systems)
Step 7: When connected, the WiFi symbol will show connected and green on the top left. The 6 letter code displayed on the screen is the Registration Code required for this step.
If you are using the Gateway Virtual Terminal, you can register the device by following the steps below. Otherwise, follow the steps as per your POS provider when instructed to provide a registration code.
- Navigate to the Settings page in the Merchant Portal: go to Settings → under General Options select License Manager → open the Registered Devices tab.
- In this tab, you will be able to input the 6 letter code displayed on the reader under the Registration Code and give your device a nickname that will be displayed on the screen when connected. Make sure to click Register once complete.
- Once registered, the Device Nickname will be shown on the device screen. This nickname will also appear as an option for the Cloud Payment Device in the Virtual Terminal for Credit, Sale, and Authorize credit card forms.