Below are the communication examples for each type of contact
You can have the same contact details under each type of contact if they would like to receive every email.
- The main contact on the account.
- Example communication: The primary contact will be included on all types of emails (billing, marketing, emergency, etc).
ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT CONTACT
- Similar to the primary contact, however, we wanted to offer an additional contact type if there is another individual managing the account. For most Partners, the primary and account management contact could be the same.
- Used when the NMI finance department needs to contact the correct contact regarding outstanding payment on the account, updates to billing information, etc.
- Example communications: Commission reports and past due notifications.
ELECTRONIC CHECK CONTACT
- Electronic check applications for merchants will show as coming from this address. In some cases, NMI will use this contact for communications dedicated to the Electronic Check service.
- Example communications: Merchant ACH application
- Note: If you have the Electronic Check service enabled and the contact details filled in, it will be visible in the Merchant Portal for your merchants to see.
RISK MANAGEMENT CONTACT
- The contact who should be notified of risk-related issues with merchant accounts.
- Example communications: When a merchant gets close to their monthly volume limit, when a merchant has a chargeback on their account (Payment Facilitator Enablement, formally known as FACe, clients only)
- The best contact to get a hold of in case of emergency.
- Example communications: Pressing updates that need to be made by the partner, a security breach, etc.
- The main contact to receive sales or marketing-specific emails.
- Example communications: Product announcements, promotional emails, news and PR announcements, etc.
- Dedicated support contact to streamline communications between NMI and the partner’s support department.
- Note: The support contact details will appear in the Merchant Portal. If you don’t have support details filled in, the primary contact details will appear for your Merchants.
- The main contact to receive technical/operational communications.
- Example communications: SSL Certification renewals, etc.