Table of Contents
- What are Free Trials?
- Which Value-Added Services support Free Trials?
- How do I start a Free Trial for my Merchant?
- Does my Merchant get notified when a Free Trial starts?
- What happens once a Free Trial has started?
Free trials allow merchants to use NMI’s Value-Added Service completely for free for 30 days to see if they like them with zero risk. You can now enable one of the Value-Added Service listed below as a Free Trail for your merchants from your Partner Portal.
The following Value-Added Services have the option for a Free 30 day Trail:
- Authvia® TXT2PAY® - Enables organizations of any size to easily request and receive payments via text. A fast, safe, and simple option that decreases transaction time and improves customer satisfaction. Learn more.
- Automatic Card Updater - Ensures uninterrupted payments for merchants by keeping card data stored in the Customer Vault and Recurring Billing up to date via automatic updates from issuers. Learn more.
- Customer Vault - Maintains a unique token value that enables merchants to repeat transactions without having to store or re-collect payment data - a must for merchants with recurring revenue models.
- KountⓇ Advanced Fraud Prevention - NMI’s unique integration with Kount utilizes a global database, merchant set thresholds, and AI-driven fraud screening to provide real-time risk analysis and fraud assessment for card-not-present transactions. Learn more.
- Level III Advantage - Minimize transaction costs and mitigate the risk associated with credit card transactions. Level III Advantage's data field optimization provides you instant access to Level II and Level III savings. Learn more.
- Fraud Prevention - Outsmart fraudsters with Fraud Prevention, our rule-based fraud prevention tool, to screen suspicious transaction activity and stay one step ahead of fraud. Learn more.
- Electronic Invoicing - Merchants can create an invoice, email it, and allow customers to submit a payment with just a few clicks. Learn more.
- iProcess Mobile Applications - Allows merchants to accept EMV card payments on a phone or tablet with our turnkey mobile applications for Apple and Android devices.
It's simple! Log in to your Partner Portal → head over to List Accounts → scroll to the merchants name from the list or search their name in the search box → click on their name → scroll down to the Value-added Services section → click on Update Services on the right side → select Start Free Trial on any supported service.
Once a Free Trail has started*, you will be able to see the Status as "Free Trail" followed by the number of days that are left for that free trail under the Value-Added Services section when you pull up your merchant account.
*Each select service is offered once on a free trial per merchant account. Once disabled, the free trial cannot be restarted.
Yes! When a merchant gets signed up for a free trial, their primary user on their account will receive an email notification* notifying them that their Free Trail begins today. The notification will let them know that the Free Trail lasts for 30 days, which Service is using the Free Trial, what fees will apply after the Free Trial ends, and it will let them know that they can opt-out at any time during the trial to avoid being charged once the Free Trial ends.
*These notifications cannot be removed as it's a legal requirement that merchants are notified of any Free Trial they are signed up for.
Once you sign-up a merchant for a Free Trail they will first be asked to approve their Billing Authorization and then they will be able to use that Service in its entirety for 30 days for free. Once the Free Trial starts, merchants will see a new setting in their Merchant Portal under Settings → General Options → called 'Free Trials'. This setting will only be available if they have an active trail.
In the Free Trail Settings page, the merchant will be able to see which services they have active, how many days they have left for that Free Trial, when the Free Trail started, when it will end, and a 'Cancel Trial' button if they wish to cancel the Free Trail. If they cancel a trial, it will immediately remove access to that service.
- What happens if my Merchant cancels their Free Trial before the 30 days are up?
- Once disabled, the free trial cannot be restarted.
- The service will no longer be accessible and they will not be able to use the rest of their 30 days.
- Depending on the Service, it will go back to an “offered” or “not offered” status.
- You, the partner, will be emailed letting you know that the merchant cancelled their Free Trial.
- What happens if my Merchant lets their Trial Convert to Paid?
- On the 31st day the service will switch to “active”.
- Set up fees will be charged this day if they were set on the service by you, the partner, when you enrolled the merchant up for the Free Trial.
- Monthly fees will be pro-rated based on the day the trials ends.
- You, the partner, will be emailed letting you know that the trial did convert.