Table of Contents
This article outlines information for onboarding First Data Rapid Connect Nashville - EMV merchant accounts, and its specific boarding requirements.
Settlement Method Supported
We support First Data Rapid Connect Nashville - EMV as Host Capture. When a merchant account is setup for host capture the batch files are stored at the processors (acquirers) host computer. The transactions that occur throughout the day may be selected at random periods of time. Therefore we do not have the visibility of the transactions once they have left from the terminal to the processor (acquirer) for settlement. However, with our integration to this processor, you can update the settlement cut-off time in the Settlement Schedule settings.
- Platform: First Data Rapid Connect
- Front End: Nashville
- Back End: North/Omaha/South (Settlement MID not needed for boarding as it's Host based)
VAR Sheet Requirements
These are used to onboard the Processor Information section when Adding the Credit Card Processor:
- Rapid Connect Merchant Number - the 7 digit Nashville Frontend MID from the VAR sheet
- Rapid Connect Terminal ID - the 7 digit Bank TID from the VAR sheet
- POS Solution Name - CreditCallHCRC (Retail) or CreditCallHCECRC (eCommerce) from the VAR sheet (this is also known as the Equipment Code Description on FDRC side)
- Group ID - 10001 (Nashville)
This information can be provided to First Data when creating the VAR sheet for specific settings, along with the device the merchant will be using:
- For CreditCallHCRC (Retail) the FDRC Equipment Code is AA1192 and the VAR ID/ TPP ID is RCR007
- For CreditCallHCECRC (eCommerce) the FDRC Equipment Code is AA1193 and the VAR ID/ TPP ID is RCR007
It is imperative that you are 100% sure that First Data has the merchant set up as Host Capture to avoid any settlement issues / missing funds. If you board the account as a Host Processor, but FDRC has it set as Terminal, it will cause settlement issues which you will need to resolve (e.g. have it correctly boarded, etc.).
WARNING - Important Information: Please be aware that if you accidentally board the FDRC MID as the TID and the TID as the MID, and that reverse MID/TID combo exists on FDRC side for a live merchant, funds will go to the other merchants account. Therefore, please make sure the correct MID/TID is entered and please confirm funds are depositing into your merchant account before going live.
*** Once the boarding in complete, please test the account by processing a transaction and confirm that funds are depositing into your merchant account before going live. ***
VAR sheets you may see:
Possible Decline Errors
- Invalid Merchant/Terminal ID - Invalid terminal (130): - Declined - Invalid terminal (130) error reported by First Data - This indicates the merchant information in the gateway does not match the merchant information that the processor, First Data Nashville North, has. You can double-check the VAR sheet as compared to what was entered into the gateway. If all looks correct, First Data Nashville North will need to be contacted to verify. Sometimes the processor will need to generate a new MID/TID to correct the issue.
- For additional errors please see our Result Code Table (Note: 200 level errors = Issuing Bank Errors; 300 level error = Gateway Error; 400 level errors = Processor Errors).