Table of Contents
This article outlines information for onboarding Elavon - EMV merchant accounts, and its specific boarding requirements.
Settlement Method Supported
We support Elavon - EMV as Terminal Capture. When a merchant account is setup as Terminal Capture, the transactions are stored at our servers and sent for settlement (1 file per processor). You can update the settlement cut-off time in the Settlement Schedule settings.
VAR Sheet Requirements
These are used to onboard the Processor Information section when Adding the Credit Card Processor:
- Bank Number - the 6 digit Bank Number from the VAR sheet
- Terminal ID - the 16 digit Terminal ID (TID) from the VAR sheet, typically starts with 000
- Merchant ID - the 10 digit Elavon MID (Merchant ID) Visa/MasterCard from the VAR sheet
This information can be provided to Elavon when creating the VAR sheet for specific settings, along with the device the merchant will be using:
- VAR sheet should be configured to Elavon viaConex protocol for EMV/Retail via CardEaseV2, however, you will select Elavon - EMV as the Processing Platform in the portal
- Should be set-up as Terminal Capture
*** Once the boarding is complete, please test the account by processing a transaction and confirm that funds are depositing into your merchant account before going live. ***
VAR sheets you may see
Possible Decline Errors
- SERV NOT ALLOWED: this error comes for the processor, it could mean that the card scheme used is not enabled on the processor side. Elavon would need to advise.
- For additional errors please see our Result Code Table (Note: 200 level errors = Issuing Bank Errors; 300 level error = Gateway Error; 400 level errors = Processor Errors).