Table of Contents
This article outlines information for onboarding Global Payments East - EMV merchant accounts, and its specific boarding requirements.
Settlement Method Supported
We support Global Payments East - EMV as Terminal Capture. When a merchant account is setup as Terminal Capture, the transactions are stored at our servers and sent for settlement (1 file per processor). You can update the settlement cut-off time in the Settlement Schedule settings.
VAR Sheet Requirements
These are used to onboard the Processor Information section when Adding the Credit Card Processor:
- Merchant ID - for this section you will need to use the 15 digit Terminal ID from the VAR sheet
- Bank ID - the 6 digit Bank ID (BIN) from the VAR sheet
This information can be provided to Global Payments when creating the VAR sheet for specific settings, along with the device the merchant will be using:
- VAR sheet should be configured to Global Payments (East/Greenhouse) via Software Name CardEaseV2
- Should be set-up as Terminal Capture. If the account is set up as Host, it will cause settlement to fail.
*** Once the boarding is complete, please test the account by processing a transaction and confirm that funds are depositing into your merchant account before going live. ***
VAR sheet you may see:
Possible Decline Errors
- Rejected Batch: this error occurs if the merchant account is set up for Host batch vs. Terminal Capture. You will need to contact Global Payments to have this amended.
- Call Center: These are normal declines that come from the issuing bank. Call Center usually means that there is an issue with the card and it will need a verbal authorization where the customer will need to reach out to their credit card company to confirm.
- For additional errors please see our Result Code Table (Note: 200 level errors = Issuing Bank Errors; 300 level error = Gateway Error; 400 level errors = Processor Errors).