Table of Contents
This article outlines information for onboarding TSYS - EMV merchant accounts, and its specific boarding requirements.
Settlement Method Supported
We support TSYS - EMV as Terminal Capture. When a merchant account is setup as Terminal Capture, the transactions are stored at our servers and sent for settlement (1 file per processor). You can update the settlement cut-off time in the Settlement Schedule settings.
VAR Sheet Requirements
These are used to onboard the Processor Information section when Adding the Credit Card Processor:
- Merchant Number - 12 digit Merchant number (also known as the Vital Merchant ID) from the VAR sheet
- Acquirer BIN - 6 digit BIN/Acquirer ID from the VAR sheet
- Store Number - 4 digit Store Number from the VAR sheet
- Terminal Number - 4 digit Terminal#/Terminal Number from the VAR sheet
- Merchant Category - 4 digit MCC/SIC Code
- Location Number - 5 digit Location Number (typically 6 digits on the VAR sheet, you would need to remove one of the leading zeros)
- Vital Number - 8 digit V Number/Terminal ID from the VAR sheet, the 'V' would need to be replaced with a '7', e.g 'V1234567' will be boarded as '71234567'.
- Agent Bank - 6 digit Agent/Agency Number from the VAR sheet
- Agent Chain - 6 digit Chain/Chain Number from the VAR sheet
These fields can be left blank. However, if you do add these, please make sure to add the correct value:
- Country - 2 characters as seen on VAR sheet
- City - City as seen on VAR sheet
- State/Province - 2 characters as seen on VAR sheet; uppercase
- Zip/Postal Code - Zip or Postal Code as seen on VAR sheet
- Time Zone Differential - 3 digit Time Zone Differential from the VAR sheet
- Merchant Verification Value - or MVV, refers to a value assigned by Visa used to identify participation in select merchant programs (leave blank if merchant is not participating)
This information can be provided to TSYS when creating the VAR sheet for specific settings, along with the device the merchant will be using:
- VAR sheet should be configured to TSYS/Vital/VisaNet (Sierra) protocol via CardEaseV2
*** Once the boarding is complete, please test the account by processing a transaction and confirm that funds are depositing into your merchant account before going live. ***
VAR sheets you may see:
Possible Decline Errors
- Failed Bad Bin or Host Disconnect - Response Code: 410 - this error comes from the processor. You will need to contact TSYS to confirm the SSL flag is set to 'Yes' and that the merchant account is set to terminal based settlement.
- Please see our Result Code Table (Note: 200 level errors = Issuing Bank Errors; 300 level error = Gateway Error; 400 level errors = Processor Errors).